Propeller’s mission is to provide real time earthworks tracking for everyone. To pave the path to real time, we’re building hardware and software solutions that simplify data collection, processing, and analysis for heavy civil and resource operations.
Our customers are men and women who pave the roads we drive on, design the landfills we use, and manage our natural resources. We partner with stable industries; construction, mining, waste management, quarries. We are committed to making our customer’s jobs easier by creating products and services which empower them to improve their efficiency and reduce their diesel consumption.
Propeller’s head office is in Sydney and we’re backed by leading Australian investor group Blackbird Ventures. We also have offices in Denver, Manila and Amsterdam. Due to our continued growth and our desire to build more exciting tech for our customers, we’re expanding our engineering and geospatial teams to Vietnam.
What you’ll work on:
- You’ll be transforming the way worksites all over the globe use drone data
- The team you’ll join are key contributors to getting customer data into and out of the Propeller ecosystem. With them, you’ll build and maintain the processing machinery that works with masses of data, in many coordinate reference systems, at scale.
- To support our growth, you’ll develop tools and services which improve our accuracy and efficiency
- Automating the ways in which we process drone data
- Develop methods by which we can block bad data. You'll partner with our hardware team to ensure that all data is at a quality accepted by our customers
- Partner with our team of Geospatial Specialists to fine tune their current workflow. You'll build a great user experience for them to increase their current capacity to process survey requests
- Take the lead in building out front end and back end services
- Ensure Propeller’s stack is able to reliably process customer survey data
- Provide guidance and technical support to your team when needed, you’ll help to make sure everyone is able to achieve their goals together
- Use your coding expertise to bring the user experience to life
- Analyse data to debug and inform solution direction
Your skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years professional coding experience
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Full stack – both front end and back end development experience. You’re versatile and ready to turn your hand to any problem that arises.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaborative skills and ability to be part of a close-knit but globally spread-out team
- You have worked with a variety of compute platforms (k8s, lambda, EC2) and you understand the trade-offs
- Worked in a variety of industries and teams
Bonus points for personal experience with, or working knowledge of:
- 3D geospatial & GIS knowledge
- Experience with Python
- Worked in one of our core customer industries (construction, mining, landfill, quarries)
- Experience in startups or high growth companies
- Technical team leadership of ideally 2 direct reports
We are 100% about impact and 0% about ego, with everyone here being encouraged to solve their problems creatively, listen to one another and to never stop learning. We work for our collective success, and we welcome you to learn more about us on Glassdoor.
Propeller is for everyone, so come as you are. We’re open humans who champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We offer our employees:
- Employee share options
- Professional development benefits; we embrace the journey & practice our passions.
- Monthly internet allowance
- Paid main & secondary parental leave policies
- Paid vacation time